Martin Reilly is a Senior Product Designer at Toast – the all in one restaurant platform. He currently works on fintech and payments products. He has over 10 years experience as a product designer in organisations from startup to enterprise, and in domains like health, education, music production, insurance and financial services.
In the ever-evolving landscape of product development, uncertainty often looms large, presenting unique challenges for teams striving to deliver successful outcomes. Drawing on examples and practical insights from how the team at Toast work, Martin delves into the strategies and mindset required to tackle the design-to-build process when faced with limited information. By the end of this talk, attendees will be equipped with practical tools and strategies to confront uncertainty head-on, leading to innovative solutions and successful outcomes.
- Embracing the unknown: Understanding the psychological barriers associated with uncertainty and adopting a mindset that embraces ambiguity as a creative force.
- Designing with limited information: Strategies for developing robust design frameworks that can adapt to evolving requirements and changing landscapes.
- Agile methodologies: Harnessing the power of iterative development and continuous feedback loops to adjust course and optimize product delivery in uncertain environments.
- Risk management: Techniques for identifying and mitigating risks in the face of incomplete information, ensuring smoother project execution.
- Collaboration and communication: Fostering effective cross-functional collaboration and transparent communication channels to align stakeholders and navigate uncertainty collectively.