Mackenzie Guinon is a Senior User Experience (UX) Research Lead at Handshake. She has a background in UX research, data analytics, and consulting. She has an MBA from University of California, Davis’ Graduate School of Management and a bachelor’s degree from University of California, San Diego. In her spare time, Mackenzie is dedicated to mentoring and career coaching job seekers, especially women who are new to their careers or interested in changing career paths. She is always a published children’s book author-illustrator. Whether at work or at home or in a third place, Mackenzie is interested in creating and sharing stories and building and caring for spaces that support diversity, inclusion, and equity.
This interactive session will look at how to place the user at the heart of team and product decisions. Each panelist will share their view on how to better align your teams objectives by using UX strategies, through a shared language and common goals.
- User centricity as a culture and not just a role: Creating user-centric thinking throughout the organization
- How to put UX practices in place: From continuous user testing, user journeys and measuring user behavior
- Improving the consistency of interfaces in a complex application landscape
- Key ways to increase design maturity as an organization.
Join the conversation! Share your insights and probe Carmen & Mackenzie on the elements of their on-demand talk on building a UX team from scratch that left you wanting more.
Biased is inherent and as with designs UX research can also fall into this corner. Although data driven, how it is interpreted and presented is where bias usually appears. So how can you avoid this quandary and create a culture of conscious researchers?
In this session, Carmen & Mackenzie will talk through their journey as they build an inclusive and conscious UX team at Handshake. From their past experiences, they will touch on:
- Techniques on how to mitigate bias in your research data;
- How to present conscious research readouts to a room of your stakeholders; and
- Their best practices on how to build a UX team from scratch that is inclusive, conscious and effective