Amar Nagaram is the Vice President of Engineering at Flipkart. In his current role, he is heading the Customer Shopping Experience Engineering, Catalog Engineering and FinTech wing, developing products that redefine the shopping experience online and making online shopping affordable . He is passionate about building Mobile and Progressive Web products from the ground-up to deliver superior value and user experience to the end consumer. He is equally passionate about building great teams. He believes in a design language that prefers "People over Pixels". He is excited about start-ups that are solving challenging problems for emerging markets and he works with many such start-ups, mentoring them on all things Mobile. He is also an advisor to half a dozen startups.
Prior to Flipkart, he worked at @WalmartLabs - he was involved in strategy development for Walmart's next generation e-commerce Platform. He was also instrumental in setting up @walmartlabs India center of excellence.
- Improving performance and removing baggage
- Building with 2G networks in mind
- App like UX built on the we
- Challenges of being ahead of the curve
- Embedding in your current architecture - Angular, Ember, React or plain JS.
- What networks do and do not do
- What about Native Apps